Saturday, February 8, 2014

New Year, New Me......

Long post - Lots of catching up to do!!!

Happy New Year. Yes I know I'm a little late, but to those who know me personally, you would know that is not out of the norm. 


I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year and now everyone is ready to make some changes. Changes for the better. Changes in a lot of things. Not because it was a resolution. But because your heart is leading you to do so. 



I have come to the point in my life that I am making a lot of changes and I hope that I have everyone around me on for the ride. I know I have said this more than once, twice, ten times.., LOL, but I really am going to try and stick to a schedule of posting again.



When I was on a regular routine of posting I was in a crafting routine. Having been emotionally to my lowest point in the past year, I have not done much of anything. But recently, something changed, something in me started to kick me to understand things I have been longing for. All I know is, I don't want this to end. Everyday is a new day and a day for me to search what I have been missing for a long time.




Okay, on to the good stuff. I am going to be working on a room tour since I recently kinda recently moved into my old bedroom. I was in the living room for so long I decided to make that area my sewing area. It's a little bit of a mess since Christmas, I haven't been able to work on anything. 



Since starting this post in January and now finally getting back to finishing it in February, I figured I would catch you up even more. At the end of January I attended the first crop in YEARS!!! it felt good. You know when the packing is harder than the working on projects is....




Then upon my return home, I have been continuing to work on some wedding invitation samples I started before I left. 



I had a couple down days due to my health, but I am learning. Some days when I wake up I may have a "To Do List that doesn't get To Done".

I am also learning that I have to lock my poor cats out of my room more often. I love them to pieces and I feel terrible when I have to but they have a tendency to invade my space when I'm TRYING to get stuff done. 



Seriously, where am I suppose to put my arms to type.... The world may never know. 


 I look left and here is Shannie's head, I look right and here is Maggie's head. I'm lucky I can move my head at all since I can't move anything else. Guess who will be getting locked out of my room shortly. 


So I'm finding that the Silhouette Cameo has a bit of a learning curve to it. I am fairly good a learning new programs and how to get done what I need, but this is a program that is going to take a little longer. There are nights that I will just sit and scream because it is not doing what I want it to do and I am despritly trying to get it to do something for these invitations. I know there is probably an easier way to do it..... BUT I have yet to find any help for it on Google. 

I have so many ideas for these invitations that they have just started to get all jumbled up in my head. So I think I will only give her 4-5 samples with a couple sample items within each. I don't want to make it too overwhelming for her either. I'm sure I will end up making a hybrid of sorts for the end result. I will definitely show you what I end up with. 

Okay, I think that should be enough for now. You have a had enough of my blabbering to catch up on. I'm sure I could go on for days since it has been so long. But I shall not. At least this time. 

I'm really working on time management and getting back into a routine so please bare with me. I miss hearing from everyone and seeing what everyone is up to. And of course I haven't done my room tour yet, who has time to make it when your mind is going a million miles a minute and you can't focus long enough to make one. When my room is clean enough, I'm down in bed and when I could do it, it's way too much of a mess to get around in.  But here are a couple of pics to get you through until I do. 














Hope to hear from you and see what you have been up to, and what you would be interested in me posting on in the future. 

I would like to try and do a mini series on crafts, Cameo, comparisons, I don't know, I would like to get more interactive with my followers. I will be starting back up on my WOYWW next week also, for those of you that follow along with that. 

Blessings
Mindy - The Determined Scrapper



No comments:

Search This Blog

Translate